Click here to access the 2016 intern reflections video!
Click here to access the 2015 intern reflections video!
To learn more about our 2017 interns’ experience, read their blog posts here!
Like us on Facebook
Follow our program on Twitter via #HBSI2018 – Click here to learn more about our 2018 Twitter Contest.
Burson-Marsteller and The LAGRANT Foundation Partnership - click here to learn more
- Rising seniors, 2018 graduates, and current graduate students may apply
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 3.2 out of a 4.0 scale
- Strong research, written and verbal communication skills
*For answers to the most frequently asked questions about the program, please click here.
For consideration, all applicants must submit the below by Friday, February 2, 2018 at 11:59 PST. If any application requirements are missing, your application will not be considered.
Apply online! Please submit one application that contains the following items:
- College transcript (official or unofficial)
- Letter of recommendation from educators, internship employers, or others
- Cover letter (in your cover letter, please discuss your interest in the industry and why you want to be part of the HBSI program)
- Press release: You’ve just been hired by Burson-Marsteller. Write a press release announcing your hire. Be creative!
- Essay: Choose ONE of three topics listed below. The essay should be 2-3 pages long (double spaced) and have your name listed in the upper right hand corner of each page:
- Think of a company that recently encountered a crisis and that handled the situation poorly. What would you have done differently to protect and repair their reputation?
- What company do you think most effectively integrates digital/social media into their communications in an authentic and engaging way? What are the lessons others could draw from their success?
- Using an evidence based approach to develop a communications program can help make the program more targeted and effective. How might you use research and insights to ensure a public relations campaign has significant impact?
We offer internship opportunities throughout our U.S. locations in the following offices; specialty areas* for each office listed below.
If you wish you to be considered for an Internship in more than one location, you will be able to identify your top three location preferences during the application process.
* Please note: specialty areas offering internships are subject to change.
Application Submission Deadline - Friday, February 2, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.